27 February 2018

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I think it's been forever since I posted something here... Being in 10th grade is exhausting. I've started a new blog. I would appreciate it if you took a look at it: runningodysseyblog.wordpress.com

My board exams start soon and with the holidays, I found myself bored... So I took a go at baking after a long time!

You will need:

  • 1.5 cups of flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2-3 tbsp lemon juice

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F

2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together. Then add ask the wet ingredients, except lemon and mix well. I added a bit of yellow food colouring, but that's optional.

3. Now, it's fint to add the lemon. Add a tablespoon at a time and taste. I ended up asking about a 1/4 cup of lemon juice. But this depends on how sour the lemon is. Consequently, you can use 2tsp of lemon extract.

4. Mix well until everything is combined. Pour into your cupcake mould and bake for around 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.




For the frosting:

You need:
3/4 cup powdered sugar and butter
2 tbsp milk
3-4 drops pink food colouring
1tbsp lemon juice

Let the butter sir at room temperature until softened. In a bowl, beat it with an electric mixer. Slowly add the sugar. You can also add 2tbsp of milk. Add pink food colouring and some lemon juice and whisk.

Wait for the cupcakes to completely cool before piping the frosting on it.






3 comments: